fault cods after vr6 coversion

Hi as the title I have just fitted a vr6 obd2 engine in my mk3 gti I have 9 fault cods alltogether as follows

1/00524 knock sensor

2/00518 throttle position sensor out of range

3/01249 ]

4/01250 ]

5/01251 ]

6/01252 ] 3 through to 8 all injector fault 1 through to 6

7/01253 ]

8/01254 ]

9/ 17978 start blocked by imobiliser

I was wondering if all the consecutive faults may be caused by fault 9 ?

I have changed the chip key and code reader to match the ecu on the vr6 and

checked the conections on codes 1 and 2

any help would be appreciated

eventuly got rid of all the fault codes 1 through to 8 but the imobiliser one has been a bugger had a guy down with vag com , vag commander , and a load of other software and the ecu and emobiliser box just would not comunicate so have sent them bouth away to have them sorted I will fit my own later

I recently did a conversion into a mk3 gti and found that the obd2 don't need the relay 109. However you say you can't get yours to communicate with vagcom, and you don't have this relay? I can't seem to communicate with vagcom either and I too don't have relay 109. Would be interesting to found out if it chnages anything.

I recently did a conversion into a mk3 gti and found that the obd2 don't need the relay 109. However you say you can't get yours to communicate with vagcom' date=' and you don't have this relay? I can't seem to communicate with vagcom either and I too don't have relay 109. Would be interesting to found out if it chnages anything.

[/quote']

I have fitted relay 109 but I have a fault with the k-line wire says its going to ground (this is the wire that coms with the laptop ) , we bypassed the wire from the ecu to the plug to make sure it was not down to a loom problem but still the same fault so I have sent the ecu away to get it sorted on a bench if that comes back with the same fault at least we will know its a ecu fault and not the loom !

have you got any pics of where you ground the k line ?

I have not put the k-line to ground this is the fault I have had the ecu bench tested today and the ecu is faulty so just bought a s/h item off Ebay for £29 +post so just waiting for it to come will update as soon as its sorted

the K-LINE wire is the grey and white one with the brown plug if this is not pluged in you will not have comms with the ECU

you dont have to take the dash out the wire will be behind the fuse box sholud be a male and female brown conector with a grey and white wire I have just bought two ECUs off ebay one I bid on and one on a buy it now I got the one for £36 if you need one let me know

I had a quick look yesterday and found a small brown connector with a single wire coming from both female and male. Not sure on the colour of the wire as it's pretty gloomy up there. Could you confirm if it's two wires to each connector so grey and White or I single wire which is grey and White together.