Dear all,

I looking to sell my car in the very near future and want to sort out the niggles prior to selling so as to get the best price for it.

The last one on my list (of 2 !) is a creaking and clonking from the rear suspension, which up until now i have not really been that fussed about, its done it since i bought it.

I have pretty sure that this is coming from the axle bushes as it is apparently a common point of wear and are prone to going (someone please confirm). My question to you guys is how easy-a job are they to change.

After some research it appears that the poly bushes are the ones to use as they go in much much easier, is this strictly true, or will i find myself cursing and cutting my knuckles wishing I had left to my local garage.

I need to know if the work can be done on axle stands with a pretty full stocked tool set, with a pretty amatuer DIYer (me).

What is the process involved in changing the bushes ?

Are there likely to be parts of the job which will stump me ?

Should I just leave it to someone with a nice 2 post rig ?

any thoughts/opinions/sugestions very much appreciated.

For reference the car is a 1997 Mk3 Golf VR6 OBD2, just shy of 140k miles, with as far as i can tell, untouched and standard suspension set up.

Thanks

Jamie

Also ... if anyone is around the Chichester area and would like to tackle the job with me, I can fill you up with Tea, Bacon sarnies and good conversation !!