Hey Folks,

Been a while since I was here but hope you can help!

So I seem to have a not so rare immobiliser issue but cannot find any resolution on the forum.

Problem: Car was standing for a few months waiting for an MOT, started ok and did a few short journeys, then battery went dead. Charged battery and eventually bought a new one, however when I start the car the immobiliser kicks in after a couple of seconds. Pretty sure this is an OEM immobiliser and my keys are standard old style - key with moulded plastic and no obvious battery to replace.

I have a workaround which is to disconnect then reconnect the positive battery lead everytime I want to start the car, but this is a major pain in the ass..

Please help!!

Update:

After speaking to VW, several tuning firms, ECU firms etc.. no one seems to have an answer other than sending the ECU off to have the immobiliser removed.

I have a chap from AMT Auto Electrics coming to see the car on Friday so will give another update then,

In the meantime I have a question: Did the OEM immobiliser come with a separate fob in 1995? I have two standard keys, and there is no other way to switch off the immobiliser..