hi all i have a mk2 1.6 driver here at the min and was wourndering what is needed to fit a vr i was going to buy a full mk3 and was woundering are the sub frames and engine mounts the same what i mean is will it bolt stright in and would i be able to use my own fuse box (hazzard on stearing wheel), 1990 and started life as a 1.3

thanks

mick

• 2 years later...

looks nice mate. you will need a vr6 corrado front cross member + master clutch cylinder + pedal box . and a mk2 gti brake servo.

Ideally you use Rado pedalbox & clutch master but you can use the mk3 vr6 pedal box and clutch master they just take more time to fit. If using the mk3 pedabox the pedals also end up being in a slightly different/awkward place so they may need to be modified if you have big clod hoppers like me.

I used rado pedalbox and clutch master (all hydro clutch setup's require you to hammer the firewall flat where the clutch master is located) and you also need to cut and weld the pedalbox top bracket over 20mm or so.

Mk3 pedalbox is all round a bit more hassle apparently but can be done

For the brakes I used a new G60 brake master, 1.8 driver servo, G60 280mm disc setup and braided hoses and the brakes are aweosme!