[moved] Just a ramble about progress on my v64mo...

Let's see. I need to post some pictures, but so far mods on my black 4mo are:

Mk5 R32 wheels in black with some polished spokes

Lowered on Eibach pro springs

Aero wipers

Smoked side-repeaters

Black diamond brakes (discs n pads) all round

A jolly good clean inside (previous owner was a smoker) removal of auto-gaz conversion (really, on a performance car??) and now attention being given to cosmetics. It's actually now black rather than a bit grey (when I bought it back in Jan) and will at some point be going to bodyshop for more tidying.

Possible plans include:

BMC CDA to replace really dodgy cheapo air filter that some jobless must have thought was a good idea...

Remap

Strut braces

Uprated arbs? (advice needed on these, I want to decrease body roll and sharpen handling in general)

Black rear hella's (genuines only lol)

Change interior to leather..?

Change badges to black ones... / debadge / front V6 badge? (Suggestions on these ones appreciated lol)

The exhaust system is odd - no cat but without putting it on ramps I don't know where to look for branding. It sounds lovely - any pointers?

Cheers!

You say you have lowered springs but don't mention shocks. Then you ask about decreasing body roll and sharpening handling, if you are still running standard shocks, I would suggest some stiffer ones.

I don't know what the standard ones on the 4mo are like but if they are like the standard VR6 shocks then they need to go. I would replace the shocks and get poly bushes and then ask about ARB's. I have standard ARB's, I will upgrade them at some point but I'm very happy with the way my car handles at the moment. I'm running on Koni sport adjustable dampers with Powerflex poly bushes.

Although I want to sharpen handling I don't want to compromise the ride - I've been in too many bone shakers! This is all long term though...

I felt the same about what I wanted with my car.

I do feel all the bumps in the road but it's not a bone shaker. My car feels solid and the handling feels sharp but the ride is still comfortable. A friend of mine has FK coilovers and his ride is much worse than mine, it's more bone shaking and the handling is not as sharp.

If you want to sharpen up the handling and have a comfortable ride, then you need some good shocks.

I don't know anything about the ARB's, that is something I will look into soon.

I agree. I highly recommend getting full alignment done on a Hunter assembly. STS usually have them, and everything is included - camber, caster, toe-in - the list goes on. They'll even calibrate the machines to suit your car and it's suspension.

I've lost count of the amount of times in years past that I've taken a car to STS and thought - is it worth it? As soon as I drive away the answer is definitely!