vr6 bourght for trackday use wot are the best pads to use on standard discs and wot fluid

hi all im a newbi to the mk 3 vr6 and was hoping for a bit of advise.

ive had a few mk1s, corrados ect but the vr6 is in a class of its own must say sounds amazing at full chat.

Bassically i have saved a black vr from the scrappage scheme bourght from a mate whos gone all audi on me.

thats gota earn me a few points ?

but it has now been stripped of all the heavy stuff ie sunroof door cards carpets ect .cage is on its way

im just wanting to know wot are the best pads and brake fluid to use on its first trackday on 19th june in elvingtion which has just been booked yipeee

are gsf or euro car any good for these items been told i need dot 5.1

any help would b really welcome thanks in advance 88

like anythink mate all depends on how deep your pockets are

there is a good amount of after market brakes and pads out there yes i would use dot 5.1 (recomended to change every year tho)

i use the ferodo ds 2500 pads in my 4mo they are a fast road / track pad

but others have just used normal pads and done the "ring trip" with them with no probs at all

as for fluid I'll speak up for ATE Racing Blue. It's only Dot 4 but it's colour helps to determine if all the previous fluid is out. It will last up tp three years and most importantly has a higher boiling point than normal.

http://www.performanceoilsltd.co.uk/brake_fluid.html

Eurocar parts used to sell it for around £10. They may still do but as it's not on the VW parts list is now impossible to find on their stupid web site

proberly talking bollox here but i read somewhere that the raceing blue fluid isn't to kind in the vw seals i have never used or even seen it just what i have read so please don't shoot me

i'm just intrested if it is ok as i like the idea of being to see that the fluid has been changed

anyone no how they handle on the track im guessin it wont b shit hot on cornering

its been lowered wi koni sport all round but thats about it

having a cage fitted this week mind you is a favour of a friend of a friend and its taking a while to make an apperance

most the weights going to be at the front shud help keep the front down lol,

by the way i have all the stripped out parts taking up space in garege if anyone short of ouwt?

dont know if ive made the rite choice with the mk3 vr6 as there not the most nible of cars.

funnny went to york dragway and saw a corsa van kick a vrs arse,had a good laugh at that and thrght wot the fook had i bourght

my mk1 wud keep up round a track but you cant beat the whale vrs make awsome

right go with , blisten shocks and eibach springs if you want a non adjustable setup, or the budget coilys aint to bad.

i run adjustable gaz shocks, and some lowering springs

fpr pads i use pagid race pads on drilled grooved and vented discs. same on rear.

i use dot 5.1 and can stop on track from 150 + mph. dot 4 will boil when pushed hard. i know as i done it and had pads on fire :)

thanks for advise already got koni sport on

just fitting poly windows this weekend

cage is coming monday gona leave brakes for first trackday just renwe brake fluid wi supa blue its got a higher boil point so im told

looking for a lupo for the wife lol that still sounds strange

and poss caddy pickup again to tow the vr to tracks that will put the vw stock up to 4 har the neighbours r gona luv it

thanks again

• 3 weeks later...

did the trackday at elvington this sat it was awesume

only broke it twice and my mate got black flagged lol

too much tyre squel the outer side walls had really worn down

is this to do with the tracking/chamber or heavey cornering

my mate blamed the tyres but im sure if the camber was set right we would have had more even tyre wear and less tyres squel

anyway thanks to all the peeps who helped me

and would put pics up if i knew how lol

I see there are a lot of ideas here on brake fluid.

Here are a few boiling points: (dry / wet / after 6 months)

Castrol SRF 590 518 554

NEO Super DOT 585 421 503

Motul Racing 600 585 421 503

Motul DOT 5.1 509 365 437

ATE Type 200/ATE Super Blue 536 392 464

I have used all of these, except the NEO one, with an excellent result.

The best one is DOT 4.... Castrol SRF rocks!!!