Feature Car of the Month - May 2010 (badoir & salsvr6)

So for the first time we have not one but two featured members this month ! The reason for this is the lucky recipients are the first couple of the VR6OC – Sal and Martin. This is both in honour of their long and well attended membership of the club and the dedication needed to run not one but two VR's !! Martin and Sal have been an ever constant on both the forum and at the shows for a while now and I am sure most of you will have seen Martin cloth in hand polishing the life out of the mulberry VR while Sal directs operation's !

Although they both have VR's they are quite different in style obviously mainly due to the varying tastes of the respective owners. Sal's Mulberry has been an ever evolving project since it was bought. She has had a clear vision of the way she wanted it to look as Martin explains “All the thoughts and ideas have basically been her own. Ideas of which way she wanted to go, the inspiration is really her own, the paint was to be subtle yet still retain the mulberry characteristic, the wheels she knew what she wanted to do with as soon as she stole them off me, and it worked !†Anyone who has seen Sal's car cant fail to be impressed by the dedication, time and hard work that has gone into creating a true show car. From the polished engine bay to the mint interior and the mulberry twist paint it's a true show stopper and reflects Sal's vision perfectly. There was a nasty twist to this when the car was involved in an incident on the way to last years Plymouth show, however this was the excuse needed for a new direction, some new touches, a chance to fix some little niggles and bring her back bigger and better than ever. I am sure that all of you who have seen Sal's car will wonder how this is possible but I have been assured it will be worth the wait !

So a little while ago Martin added a second VR to the household with the purchase of the “Black Pig†as it is now affectionately known. Now most of you will buy a VR through love or because you have always wanted one etc etc but as Martin explains “The Black Pig was mainly a necessity, as Sal wont let me drive the mulberry, so I thought if you cant beat em join em!†and so his VR adventure began. From the off Martin's car was going to go down a different modding route to Sal's. His has been more focused on power and drive ability, that's not to say it doesn't shine although he isn't so concerned with it as he says “Craggsy has inspired me not to worry about the rust as long as she goes wellâ€. Especially after Martin has put in the elbow grease, a more dedicated cleaning enthusiast you couldn't hope to find. This culminated in taking the car around the Nurburgring this year where it performed admirably until an unfortunate moment on the last day, luckily everyone was OK and the VR6OC support network kicked into action and everyone got home safe and sound. Martin has been working on getting the car back up and running and he is very close to getting it all finished and done in time for the show season.

Martin and Sal have been long term premium members of the site and Martin acknowledges “We have both benefited from being premium members of the vr6oc for the wealth of knowledge that is unlocked to us, not to mention the discounts which are available, any 10% helps when your trying to keep two VR'sâ€

So there you go, two VR's but both very different but both very nice examples and owned by two very lovely people. I am sure everyone who has met Sal and Martin will have enjoyed their company and obvious enthusiasm for everything VR related and I urge anyone who has not to seek them out for a beer and a look over their lovely cars at a show this year.

Anyway enough from me I will let the pictures do the talking :)

The person behind the car.

Name: Sally Minchin /Martin Taylor
Forum user name: Sals vr6 /Badoir VR
Hobbies: cars and scary things /gardening ...the arts
Likes: Anything VRbased / Good company ...and getting drunk in fields
Dislikes: Slow drivers / Bad company

Car questions

First car?: Golf GTI MK2 / Ford Anglia
Current car?: Mullberry VR6 Highline / The Black Pig
Dream car?: R8 Spider / R 32 (in blue )
Other cars owned?: 3 x mk2 GTI,s / too many to list
What got you into Dubs?: Sals insistance on learning to drive in a GTI
Best feature on your car?: Paint job / Was the wheels (i loved my mercs )
Future modifications?: Ha Ha / steering straight...
Favourite other member's car?: Absy /Jakes old mk 2

General Stuff

1. Blonde or Brunette? The distinguished look / whatever colour Sals is this month
2. Takeaway or home cooked? homecooked /ditto
3. Tea or Coffee? tea /ditto
4. Euro look or USA look? My look / Euro
5. Soap or Documentary? soap /documentary
6. Mates or Dates? mates/mates
7. Pubs or Clubs? pubs/pubs
8. Sun seeker or Thrill seeker? thrill seeker / sun seeker
9. Lager or Spirits? spirits / beer (any beer )
10. Dogs or Cats?: dogs/dogs
11. Night out or Couch potato? both on the couch
12. All Go or All Show? All show with plenty of go
13. Winter or Summer? Summer/summer
14. Tattoos or Piercings? tattoos /tattoos
15. Football or Rugby? Rugby League / Rugby League

Sal's VR when they first got it

1274825286_5463_FT361331_august006.jpg

The first look

1274825286_5463_FT361331_thebizz_.jpg

Most recently

1274825286_5463_FT361331_udubs004_.jpg

1274825286_5463_FT361331_golf_mull_005_.

Trophy winning engine bay

1274825286_5463_FT361331_billing2007_.jp

The perfect driveway

1274825286_5463_FT361331_2xvrs_001_.jpg

The Black Pig

1274825286_5463_FT361331_mnew_rimmage_00

1274825526_5463_FT361331_mnewrimmage_011