Headlining recover

So after stripping out the headlining to recover it with something a bit funky and a bit different i have come up against a problem , After seeking advise was told that copydex was the right glue to use as normal glue would give way and it would sag once it got warm but it just soaked into the headlining and came through the new fabric and looked s**t ! . so im stuck with a headlining that i am not sure as to what to do with it , is there any glue that anyone has used here or im gonna just have to find a standard headlining and scrap that idea ! so much time and energy used and now i want to sort it more than anything !! Help please. TA

Nope Ben it's not strong enough... Evo stick brush on adheasive,,, I have covered my headliner it's the only thing that will hold a headliner... Although use a well ventillated room i did it in my conservatory got high for days on the stuff... whoooooooo..

I've used it and it really doesn't work trust me.... once it gets hot again it will sagg... I spent literally £70 on various glue's before i found the expoxy evo stick ... But who am i to tell you different.

But who am i to tell you different.

mate no need to get funny is there ?? :-# I read a few write ups about doing this and all suggested that 3m stuff so I tried it and it worked well so am going to use that, you use something different through a process of trial and error - it's all good and both are suggestions which Dan can now take or disregard as he pleases :) nothing personal and certainly no need to get sarky is there !

just because I have been on here for a while doesn't mean anything mate :) trust me on this and I am sure plenty of peeps will back me up ;) ;) I know very little really compared to most people on here :) post count and time on forum counts for very little inmo matey, all opinions are welcomed and we can all learn something, as above not saying I am right and your wrong just sharing our experiences :)

I think the problem with copydex is that it is very "liquid" and so if you applied while completely wet it would soak through the fabric. If you applied it to the backing board and allow to set slightly before applying the fabric then maybe it would bond without soaking through. Have you considered going to the local fabric shop? A quick chat with a blue rinse might shed some light on the best method. Those birds know their stuff.

I think the problem with copydex is that it is very "liquid" and so if you applied while completely wet it would soak through the fabric. If you applied it to the backing board and allow to set slightly before applying the fabric then maybe it would bond without soaking through. Have you considered going to the local fabric shop? A quick chat with a blue rinse might shed some light on the best method. Those birds know their stuff.

i agree with mark to wet,, ive used the halfrauds glue couldn`t realy get on with it but the evo tile glue was spot on but it also depends what your doing aswell?

It depends what you're covering it with, I've done a couple with a leather effect vinyl and I've always used Evostick impact adhesive (the brown stuff) or wickes own version which a lot cheaper. Spread a thin layer on the headlining and the vinyl, let it dry for about 10 mins then stick it down... I found spray adhesive wasn't strong enough on vinyl or suede but would probably work with normal fabric