want to change the water pump on the golf vr6 done loads of searching on the site but cant really find what i(way to many posts not enough time) need...here goes , i think i need to change the pump on the serpintine belt end ,i know how to do the belt but where is the pump located amongst(is that how you spell it ,lol) all the pulleys is it up top or at the bottom?. also where is this other pump as i cant see it or hear it running after i switch car off ,fuses ok, please could some one shed the light on this please as im getting paranoid its going let go on me or the missus .oh the car is not over heating in any way water on middle of gauge, 90 i think, oil temp 87/90 on normal runs 98/100 on long main road runs am i worrying over nothing or should i change them or it, dont know which one? car has done 106.000.cheers all.

The aux pump is behind the coilpack... a silver cylinder held in place by 2 rubber rings with a plug in the top.

Why do you need to change the main water pump? if you're temp is ok and you're not loosing coolant then should be ok... If you cant hear the aux pump just after youturn the engine off then thats the one needs replacing

cheers chaps so i need to get that aux pump replaced asap as i defo cant recall that ever being on after engine is switched off since my girlfriend has owned the car! is it damaging the engine if it has not been running? so to replace it its just a case of unclipping the old part and popping in the new one? biliner we will have to hook up one afternoon as im just outside ipswich and i cant find anyone around here with the golf vr6 to chat too!!

biliner we will have to hook up one afternoon as im just outside ipswich and i cant find anyone around here with the golf vr6 to chat too!!

Love to... there are quite a few of us around this part of the world, if you're going to Santapod on Sunday I'll introduce you to a few. In fact we'll be meeting at Ipswich to head up there so you're welcome to join us