corrado VR6 conversion help... OBD1

ok so i put my VR engine in my corrado plugged all in (along with a set of VR clocks, and i have a few issues,

theres no illumination on dash and no fuel pump priming,

i plugged the four white plugs into the back of the fusebox but left all the single plugs free..

the car is a 1990 corrado 1.8 16v and the engine from a 1992 OBD1 golf..

please help as im trying to sell the car and want to sell it as a runner..

thanks in advance..

Dene

no idea mate, not enough info really to go on, its a swap that only a few folk have done.

the fuel pump relay cannot be getting power, I would start there, the clocks illumination comes off the lighting switch to the right, after the fuse and relays.

ah ok, no main feed to the instrument panel - I get ye. That has to be the main ignition feed, a huge fuse under the bonnet could be the culprit, near the passenger strut turret. Also check the plug going to the instruments and to the ignition switch, for 12v on at least one thick wire, measure to a known ground point like the ignition barrel body.

I assume youve checked all the fuses, there is no specific one for the instruments but fuse 15, 10A is the engine electronics supply, Relay 3 is the engine control module one, maybe these are faulty and so the ecu is not waking up when the ignition is on? The ecu lights all warning lights afaik so I would start with the ignition and the stuff ive mentioned mate. Have you tried putting your old clocks in to see if they work at all?

i.e. light up, I know the clocks will be wrong for the vr6 but to prove its the power thats gone down, or the wiring thats different.

The fusebox should be identical. Heres the diagram of it:

fuse_block.jpg