some strange stuff going on with the vento i think its got PMT or something, today i was driving about as normal and i noticed that on excelleration i could here a wirring noise coming from the engine bay, stopped car and got bonnet open reved up the car and couldnt here it at all :S

Got home and switched off engine went to lock the doors and nothin happened it just locked the one door that i was stood at. gave it a few more goes and nothin not even the usual locking noise.

Had to go out again this evening and the central locking still isnt working the wirring noise is still there but only on excelleration and to add to it the clock keeps resetting itself every time i start the car.

opened the boot to put something in and its full of water.

Surely this isnt what normal Vento VR6 ownership is meant to be like lol

Dry out the dampness first ... It might be a split vacum pump pipe or dodgy joint... if it's split then the pump keeps whirring away for ages & ages... if unchecked it can drain battery eventually and is bloody annoying... Hopefully it's only in the boot area ? if not it coyld mean taking door cards off etc to hunt the split pipe through all four doors !

is your battery keeping charge? clock resetting itself and the motor not running for the CL

i do have an alternator probem at the moment, i'm constantly swapping batterys. i put a fully charged battery in yesterday but still resseting clock and no CL

Dry out the dampness first ... It might be a split vacum pump pipe or dodgy joint... if it's split then the pump keeps whirring away for ages & ages... if unchecked it can drain battery eventually and is bloody annoying... Hopefully it's only in the boot area ? if not it coyld mean taking door cards off etc to hunt the split pipe through all four doors !

i've dried it all out, silliconed the light seals and boot seal. so we'l see if that works. the wirring noise is coming from the engine bay but only when excellerating and when car is moving