fitted a hid kit today and think i missed something

the problem is i took the wire from the side light and conected it to the kit

witch ment i lost my side /day time lights

but when i turn the lights on to side light the hid's flicker but there ok when i turn on the head lights

how do i get the side lights working again and stop the hid's coming on in side light mode ????

the yellow wire under the arch is on mk2s.

first off re connect up the sidelights normally, you use the dipped beam wires for the HIDs

(assuming you have twin chamber headlights, other wise it will be the only headlight wires you have and you have bought h4 HIDs so you can retain dipped/full beam)

Then when they are all wired up correctly move into the car for the next step:

remove the headlight switch and take out the yellow wire at position 3 labelled 56D, that is the dim dip resistor'd wire. I just popped the connector out of the plug and heatshrink'd over it and left it hanging off the loom.

You should now have all lights working correctly and HIDs not flashing when on sides

nah mate its on the back of the headlight switch, if he does everything above he should be sorted. The only headlight switches that differ are the ones with headlight level adjustment dials, but seeing as they are flashing i am presuming he doesnt have that feature.