how do you remove the passenger airbag?

Im wanting the passenger airbag out to fit the top glovebox, far more useful to me!

ive got the bottom bolts of the metal bracket out no problem, and the miriad screws that fasten the bottom of the outer dashboard bit to the unit, but i cant figure out how to get the actual whole airbag section out so i can get the glove box in. ive tried pulling, wiggling, back and forth, looking right up the back of the dash etc and cant figure it out.

cheers

There's some upper screws that you have to take out can't rember if you access them from underneath or if the airbag tilts fwd a smidge so u can take them out...becareful though don't yank it out !! it has the sensor cable attached.plus i know it sounds simple but always disconect the battery or they will go off i your face !!!

It won't go off in your face. They are designed to go off only when your car is moving above a certain speed. Take off the battery positive cable and not the earth. That will discharge any static in your body should you touch anything you shouldn't.

I got it out today, it was screws at the bottom then 2 strong clips on the sides and 2 posts about an inch long on the top that located into 2 holes on the frame. I had almost had enough of dicking about with it and peeling the fascia back to try and see then the thing popped off a clip and threw itslef out the dash! Gave me a real fright i thought it had fired the airbag or something!