HELP! Very Weird Electric Prob. Indicators are on permanently and doors keep locking...

Please help.

Our VR6 was stalled by my wife this morning and suddenly started behaving very strangely. All indicators are lit continuously (not flashing). The immobiliser is no longer working (car can be started without using the immob thing). And the doors lock each time the engine is started.

What's going on??!!

Any ideas? Bust relay? faulty earth? short circuit? something come undone?

I think it's relay 6 that controls the blinkers, but removing that makes no difference. So it may be a short that's providing power from elsewhere. Dunno.

Ignition switch? (that was a recurring problem on my old GTi as the fusebox began to rust)

Probably will have to get VW to look at most mechanics don't enjoy this sort of problem.

Is this the sort of thing a VAG COM scan can help with?

• 6 months later...

Reviving this thread as my car has been doing this recently!

The indicators come on (all of them, no flashing) randomly. They seem to come on when the car's moving, and turn off a couple of seconds after coming to a standstill. Also this morning there was a weird clicking noise coming from under the footrest. What's underneath it?! I'm assuming it might be a CL relay or something as all the doors were locked when I got to work.....

Any clues?!

Cheers!