Today i received and fitted a BMC CDA intake and ported throttle body. After I had fitted them I checked everything was correct and started the engine. It immediately shot up to 2000 rpm and sat there. Revving the engine and coming off the throttle, I noticed the revs were slow to drop.

After stopping the engine, I had another look around to see if I missed anything, and gave it another go. This time it idled slightly high but it was acceptable as it was coldish, around 1000rpm.

Then I took it out and it is hesitating a lot at low revs, as if I'd dropped a gear and booted it. I hoped it would clear but it's just as bad in all gears at all revs. Whenever I come off the throttle completely and back on, it hesitates the shoots up to speed and is getting undrivable.;(

I'm only a novice with car engines, especially the VR6 so don't know what this could be... MAF or ISV problem.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and I'll get pics up shortly.

Many thanks

Matt

I've just given it a go and it seemed like the problem had gone.. right up until I nearly headbutted the steering wheel as it hesitated again.

I've been looking up common problems such as a cracked coilpack, duff leads etc, but this is not a random fault so I think that rules out those two, although I have just seen a crack in the coil pack... grrrr!

It's going into the garage on Monday for new coilovers, standard exhaust, and a couple of other problems like suspension knocking and coolant leaks, so I think I'll see what they say about this.. although without VAG-COM i don't think they'll get very far.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks

Matt

Well the VR went into the garage today for new coilovers and standard exhaust (boring i know) and also to find out why the suspension/steering is knocking and a slow coolant leak I've got. They're also getting it on the computer to hopefully find out whats causing the hesitation... hopefully it's going to come up with a MAF code or something.. otherwise I'm stumped.

With a bit of luck, when I pick it up tomorrow all the little problems will have been ironed out and I'll love the car once again.