High miles vs Low miles

Ok so this is quite an age old depate but I would be interested in other peoples opinions on this to help my discussions...... lets make some assumptions

Certain aspects need doing around the 60-80k mark (belts suspension arms etc etc etc)

Cars are good for 150k miles easy with todays technology. but at what age is that a practical statement. Lets say 1990 onwards...

Basically the argument goes like this..

Is is always better to buy a lower milage car which has had the servicing done (like belts etc), But that puts the purchase costs up. (so assume in that 60-80k miles)

What needs doing to the 100k miles cars? and as they cost less is that a bargin? but you could be closer to some bills for stiff again (belts suspension arems etc etc etc) so does that make sense in the cost saving??

Buy a car with much higer milage nearer the 120k-150k mark then it should have had everything done to it and in theory you have trouble free motoring?

If you are then going to modify the car where should you sit with milage. Naturally a high miler has more wear so do you split the middle or pay a premuim?? How good are high milers at being modded or is that best left to a nice tight car??

Whilst I usually go German/VAG I now think Jap cars fall in here and am a little less convinced on the rest of the european cars (except rep mobiles).

SO lets have your comments and thoughts on this please folks

Cheers

Low milers for me..... HAH

I bought an 80k VR back in 2008. After buying it as a non runner, I spent £400 putting it right myself.

In the year it has been driving, a further 4k has been spent on just repairing worn part, engine falling out, collisions with badgers and other road users.

So, buying a 1k low miler has cost me 7k in one year...ins, tax, parts inc.........exc petrol.