Exhaust fumes queiries + fuel gauge

So my VR runs spot on but when i start it the fumes are very visible but once warm and driven this goes away. Smells perfectly normal and theres no blue or black it evaporates really quick. I see a lot of videos on youtube ive been watching quite a lot of VR's do this, is it perfectly normal? Could it just be my exhaust setup holding moisture?

Also my fuel gauge changes its mind a lot, one day im in the red when i know im nowhere near but then today its back up to a third full?!

Just curious, im mr paranoid when it comes to cars as my mk1's bottom end went!

If it runs spot on and there is no blue and black smoke, then it stands your VR is healthy. With it being really cold of late, exhausts tend to retain moisture as they cool. Mine does the same....well, it did last winter and again recently.

As for the fuel gauge, I've not a clue. Maybe a short in the circuit or a faulty sensor.

my fuel guage will change about 1/8th of a tank by parking on with one wheel on the footpath. Not sure if it's the way the tank is but doesn't really do it when lots of petrol in the tank (at least i dont think so as it never really goes above half a tank!)

as for exhaust, mine is steaming for ages in the mornings before it gets hot and stops.