Bad times now, after repeated death on the TT course this last week or so the head gsaket died, then i got told cylinder 1 has piston slap;( so a new motor is required, a nice chap at storm helped me out and i think r32 is the way forward, so in the mean time the 4mo lays dead, slain, upon the driveway spilling blood and im reduced to a mk3 gti 8v in ghey blue, though it is lowered has ace brakes and hope to rive my cda on it:)

The 4mo will be back with new engine, lambo orange paint & carbon fibre and will now be my weekend / track toy...

• 10 months later...

Been a mazillion years, but im slowy getting her back to health.

The plan (provided i keep it, so far its staying as i boobed up and bought it on the finance, being a big engined car its not very saleable atm) has changed somewhat.

This now serves as my drift car, fast road mobile after a brief spell in an e36 bmw 328i.

08d93ce7.jpg

Im not proud of the above but rest assured if VW did a rwd vehicle of a similar setup id be all over it like a tramp on chips..

So i can make the 4mo more of a comfy (ish) cruising bus that looks good but still has a bit of poke and the vr soundtrack.

New plans (once its running again)

Coilovers

Wheels, i like the Rota GTR look on mk4's :$ but will likely be something a bit special, or throw the rotas off the s14 on her and buy some full JDM tyte stuff for that yo!! :)

Smooth Doors, Bumpers, tailgate badge and front badge recess

Remove the silencer box between cats & suitcase (subtlety)

All in good time mind, as drifting is costing me much monies :(

Yeah been involved in too many other projects, foreigners, work, pulling 12 hr+ days then working to midnight on mates cars makes less time for the poor girl.

Need some VW in my life again the BMW was horrid and the Nissan is rock hard with buckety seat so not daily material.

Onward!!! :)

• 7 months later...

Well, 6 months of nothing... Been a combination of poor weather and a busy, fun filled summer. However me and a couple of mates are signing the lease on a big workshop in the next few days. Then its on the trailer and into the garage.

I now have a nasty mk3 gti daily so i think i'll do the 4mo properly, been toying with going forced induction (again) and considering taking it apart for some proper TLC as its been sat for nearly 2 years....

But who knows, it seems i cant keep to a plan so anything could happen. But nice wheels, good fitment and a nice exhaust are a dead cert. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Seems to be an annual update thing here. However this is the last for the mk4.

The tax ran out earlier than i though so now it needs testing ( basically SVA test ) before it can be re-taxed. Due to the time it had been sat i didnt fancy all that bollocks (theyre really stringent) so its the end of the road for the 4mo, the few shiney parts were sold off and now im left with a sad looking standard car. Ideal donor for a mk2 project :D

Seeing as the nissan is done bar some extra tuning work & mapping and summer is coming i want a cool fast vw, the mk5 is all of these but isnt the same if you get me and its my daily so i cant go mad with it. This will no doubt take me forever as i look after a few mates cars too so the time isnt always there but im keen to do this :)