vr6 conversion

Hi everyone

Ive had a vr6 for a while now and her body work has seen better days, im looking to put the engine and running gear into either a mk1 golf, caddy or a sirocco has anybody ever attempted this before and if so am i going 2 have any hair left on my head after this if you know what i mean, i would fancy putting it into a mk2 golf but it seems like quite alot of people go down this route is there any reason for this? your comments would be appreicated thanks....8-)

I just want it as a show car really you know something different, i fancy the scirocco really because my grandad had one when i was a child i fell in love with them since then really, ive also got a highline but shes stayin standard and currently in storage. the money really isnt the issue as long as the mrs dont dig her claws in, or the time it just depends on how much fabrication has got to be undertaken really. i spose i could b pushed towards the mk2 by the looks off your old one mate its mint. did you do the conversion yourself?