obd2 conversion wiring problemo

The red one is for height adjustable headlights. Which presumably you dont have.

Brown plug is for the diagnostics, there is a home for it behind there somewhere.

The blue plug is for the vehicle speed signal, there is a blue connector block on top of the fuse box, this plugs into there.

The black plug connects to the dash clock loom, the wires are for indicator tell tales and MPG display.

I believe the yellow plug is something to do with the fan control unit.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AAAha its all coming back to me

there is a connector coming from the clock loom with the same colour wires as the black connector coming through the bulkhead as shown on my diagram at the start of the thread

they do not fit together as they have different shaped connectors

you have to chop off the connectors and connect the wires individually with solder and heat shrink tube or with crimp on connectors hope this helps

:)

Thanks for the help.

Found the wires on the dash loom with different plugs. Cut the OBD plug off and reconnected the wires and..... yey I have indicator dash warning lights again and hopefully a working mpg display. Not driven it yet as doing some other jobs.

Now all I need to do is sort out the electric windows that dont work on the door switch but do work on the key in the door lock?????

The switch on the door won't work at all now but will operate on the key in the drivers lock. Lock and the window can be closed as per normal and same for the unlock/open window. Guess there is a missing connection for the switch to the fuse panel somewhere but can't find it.