not running well at all.

hi all

im in need of help.

i have just got hold of my first vr6 its a 92 vento. but has some running problems.

the car will not run with the maf connected if it is running and i connect it ,it just cutts out straight away. however i took off the pipercross airfilter and then tried connecting it it runs but if you rev to quickly it hessitates and judders. it is also running very rich as it stinks of fuel down the back.

i have taken off the maf and looked in it there is like a triangle of wire inside which has broken so only has 2 sides now is this broken? any ideas what else it could be wrong with it?

cheers

just taken it down to garage to give her a wash with out the air filter on. i know i shouldnt but its less than a mile and it idles and ran fine i didnt boot it though. ive given the air filter a good clean im not sure its the right one for the car though it might just be a universal one. would this cause a problem?

four connections joined by 3 wires? is that as you look inside through either end?

anyidea where i can get a cheap one from?

the wire starts at one and joins up three sides of a isometric trapoidzoid

it's easier to see from one end. From the other there is a single blade looking thing; a thermistor for measuring the air temp.

ebay.

how about £20 delivered, im on pay pal and of course if it turns out that it isnt the MAF and you want to return it, then no probs il just refund your cash. I have an early 92 Golf no coil pack and its a bloody night mare every sensor is different nothing works so i know were your coming from its just another one to try.

PS forgot to mention, what about the lambda sensor are you sure its working, as soon as i replaced mine it went from 17 mpg to 27 mpg but admittedly the stinking of petrol thing and running ruff was down to MAF. Also the blue water temp sendor in thermostat housing. Mine is actually plugged into a sensor mounted in the grill because if its in hot water the car has about as much power as a wet fart. These early ones are a bloody night mare as i said. I have a scanner and it keeps coming up with a crank position fault ie bad earth on the hall sendor in dizzy, theres nothing wrong with the hall sendor or the earth. what can you do. box of matches and a gallon of petrol. joking its half the fun trying to work out whats wrong

how about £20 delivered' date=' im on pay pal and of course if it turns out that it isnt the MAF and you want to return it, then no probs il just refund your cash. I have an early 92 Golf no coil pack and its a bloody night mare every sensor is different nothing works so i know were your coming from its just another one to try.

[/quote']

we should start our own Dizzy VR6 Owners club. For early ones and blondes ;-)