Another strange running issue

Right guys sorry its another one of these posts but i cant 't seem to find anything that matches my problem. It started at the weekend when i took the car out for a spin and the air filter broke of that is mounted down in the fog light hole, this caused it to be hanging just being dragged along on the sensor! This caused the car to run like sh@t with it hesitating really badly, not responding to throttle just feeling like it was flooding the engine, running very rich. Managed to get it home as only was a mile or so and re mounted the filter ect and took it out again. IT took ages to start however, longer than normal although it never starts first time. When i got it going the hesitating was still there although not all the time just juddering as you accelerated in most gears. It feels kinda like its not running on all 6 although it sounds fine, The MPG is showing around 13 aswell under light driving, it also doesnt rev past 4-5k rpm at which point it feels kinda like its hitting a soft limiter and refuses to go any higher. The idle is quite bad aswell wanting to stall, dipping to around 500rpm before having to save it. i Cant help thinking its something to do with that sensor (not sure what it is) maybe an airflow sensor on the induction pipe although have given the a light clean not using any products. The engine is a obd1 running a z engineering supercharger, sorry for the such long winded attempt at an explanation but any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as my mechanic can't look at it for a week! :@ Thanks again, Luke

Thanks for the replies so far guys, the maf is located before the charger in housing just after the air filter. I reckon it was 'ripped off' as i came out of a junction that was on a down slope as it is ridiculously low to the ground. how shall i clean the MAF and how much are new ones? thanks in advance, Luke.