New Member/New Project Lots of Help and advice need!!!!

Hi everyone i've just picked up a 1.8 Se with 55k on the clock loads of service history and every MOT its seems very clean and doesnt seem to have much rust the arches and the sills seem quite clear!

Anyway the grand plan is to get a vr dropped in!! But i want to keep costs down, no open cheque book here :-d

My mate had 1 which he supercharged and has now got another one which i think he is turboing but anyway am hooked as you all know the noise is amazing ;)

41a755ea.jpg

3957437d.jpg

437968ff.jpg

And this is my other car

SDC11021.jpg

SDC10628.jpg

Thanks am going to need it am not very mechanically minded ;)

The above friend knows a lad wiv a spare engine but its an obd1 i think and has been sat for while so am unsure but he's got a box as well and suspension etc basically everything i think and he only wants £250??

well the price is ok but as you said if its been sat then you need to have a very good luck at the engine first... You need to understand where it came from and its history. If not you need to assume a rebuild and chains/clutch.... So may be worth looking at an MOT failure/doner car and transfering the stuff over...

OB2 tends to allow you a few more options if you are going the F/I route. But there are pleanty of ob1 engines done... :)

I would go off your gut. If you're not comfy with that engine you never will be. Go for one you are happy with...

Right spoke to my mate last night and after playin with the idea of doing a 2.0l 16v turbo because my golfs a 4 stud but i really did want the vr noise, so my mate said for £250 it looks like i can have the full front end basically engine ecu loom shafts hubs disc etc etc with the engine having done 70 odd K so its just too tempting and said mate has some vr wheels that i can slap on temporarly