Slight v6 4motion Issues

I have asked some people this before but not on here to no avail.

Some times when my lights are on and i put on main beam it makes my wipers jump up and down a wee bit, and they never seem to park properly yet when i turn them on they go down to park before working as normal. I think its the alternator but have tested it until blue in the face, could be the battery too?

Im more of a mechanical bloke so im a touch stumped here.

How much of a job is the cam chain guides as i have a bit of a rattle, nothing mega serious though.

Sounds more like you have an intermittent earth or a poor earth within the fuse box. I'm no expert but if you start to remove fuses to pieces of equipment and try to replicate the fault. You can track down faulty area's of circuits quicker. I'm sure someone else will be along soon with other possible idea's. Tonyvrsc would be a good person to speak to ref guides and chains.

• 2 months later...

Well iv since decided that the motor is coming out over xmas as i have 2 weeks off :-d gonna attack the chains, new clutch, front polybushes, ferodo DS pads and TarOx discs and all 4 front driveshaft boots. Gonna be dear but she'll be much happier:) Wish me luck, ill try to do a guide for the 24v engine if one doesnt exist....

• 1 month later...

Small update,

After my stealer 'forgetting' to call me on xmas eve to say timing bits and CV boots were in iv had nowt to do, theyre here now and work begins tomorrow:-d

Will probably do a daily update in my project thread to make a full guide...

Too lazy to start my how too and snow is too much for the van to get up there, got the day off today too:-d

Have bought R32 wishbones and powerflex (or whatever awesome sell) ARB bushes and dog bone bush. And tasty magnetic sump plug,along with the timing chain bits and new driveshaft boots too, bank account is squealing till payday now;( Then need clutch, slave cylinder, gearbox mount is quite a bit looser than engine mount so prob need one of them too.

Motor box and driveshafts came off on sunday so will begin the rebuild soon:-d