Hey guys.

Ok ive a J plate VR. There is a light on the dash. its a circle with 6 lines around it... ( O ) bit like this in orange. does anyone know what it means? I think it may be brakes but im not 100% sure.

Also I have a stalling issue when i dip the clutch, is this the idle stabalization vale?

And I have a small amount of smoke out of the exhaust once its warm but its only every now and again.. is this piston rings or a breather?

Hope you can help?

Lee

it's defo summit to do with brakes. think it'll be the pad wear indicator available on early models. it's simply a closed circuit, I found that the wires which led to the plugs on the pads had been worn through rubbing against my rims.

could be the isv being clogged up, or the tb itself. there is also an oil damper to stop the butterfly snapping shut. I have found mine stuck in.

can you see what colour smoke?

The Smoke is white, its defo oil smoke. Its only every now and again and when i pull away in a low gear.

Lee

it's defo summit to do with brakes. think it'll be the pad wear indicator available on early models. it's simply a closed circuit' date=' I found that the wires which led to the plugs on the pads had been worn through rubbing against my rims.

could be the isv being clogged up, or the tb itself. there is also an oil damper to stop the butterfly snapping shut. I have found mine stuck in.

can you see what colour smoke?

[/quote']

Vapour evapourates in the air but this lingers and you can smell oil. It had a new head gasket about 10k ago as a garage snapped a bolt and it was a head off job. It had the full works done to it so im hoping its not rings.

Lee

white is water vapour i'd have thought' date=' oil smoke would be black or blue?

[/quote']

Its not using oil at all really. I have a feeling it may be stem seals. I didnt own the car when the work was done so im not sure what they actually changed when they did the HG.

Lee

a head gasket is a head off job anyway? what bolt did they snap??

have you had an endescope in the bores? I did' date=' found my rings were shot - were stem seals replaced, and how much oil is it using?

[/quote']