not if you've got the knacked lump. the problem is the cam position sensor. on the obd2 fits into the chain cover whereas on a dizzy it's in the dizzy. so you will need to swap the chain covers at least and I'm not sure what the obd2 sensor senses, the cam sprockets may be different

yep, ypu will have all the parts. it's do able, has been done. it;s just the straight forward swap a coilpack would be. There is a thread about someone converting a dizzy to OBD1 coil pack.

Are you going to do the chains on the obd1 block before you put it in?

thanks mate .

The chains have not long be done on the obd1 block with a reciept to prove so should be good to go may have a quick look when the engines out to make sure.

so really when I have to two blocks out side by side I have to make the good engine look like the knackered one ie: chain covers etc

so really when I have to two blocks out side by side I have to make the good engine look like the knackered one ie: chain covers etc

yep, can't see you going far wrong that way.

As they are different can i suggest you take pictures of the knacked one as you unplug it / take it apart, So that a) you have a reference and B) if you do the same for the dizzy lump I can out together a guide.

P.s. can I bagsy the old dizzy?

Right. OBD1 has the dizzy. The rear sprocket has 2 plastic/ metal bits sticking out. The edge around the bolt, should be where you find the 2 potruding timing "forks".

OBD2 has the cam sensor and works on the hall effect principle.

The OBD2 sprocket should have a button sized, plastic covered magnet sitting next to the sprcket/cam bolt.

Both OBD1 and 2 have sprockets that should have a male mounting guide that slots into a female camshaft guide to make sure they are properly attatched to each other.

*****OBD2 has Cam position sensor wiring from the ECU that plugs onto it and I'm not sure if the OBD1 dizzy sprocket takes care of the ignition timing...so get some more advice. No good running into a barrier*****

So for an OBD1 ignition system being converted to OBD2...you need OBD2:

chain covers

camshaft position sensor

Camshaft OBD2 spocket..(button looking magnet plastic lol)

Coilpack + HT leads.

If I'm missing something, please inform me.

Hope that helps.