Exhaust fitting problems - Milltek

The problem i have is that when i fitted my cat back system the junction between the cat (mild rusty steel) and the straight (stainless) pipe, it seems to twist on this point and cant get a decent purchase. The cat maybe cos its rusted a bit seems a bit loose and however tight i do the clamp it still seems to twist i used some high temp silicone as recommended by Milltek, do you reckon i should try the joint dry?

Or any other tricks i should try?

any help would be appreciated

Dale

Yea makes sense just hope theres enough room so that when i slide it on it doesnt slide the bandage off. Stainless is so smooth have thought of roughing up the inside of the stainless pipe and using some exhaust paste, cos the silicone is just to slimey cos its the non setting formula, (maybe this is where i went wrong ?)...................cheers matey.......... ;)

Well in the end i took the exhaust off again refitted leaving the cat/stainless pipe joint dry and used one of the old clamps right next to the new clamp so just double clamped it as the cat pipe goes a long way into the stainless pipe, it has not moved even with all the wiggling refitting. Milltek exhaust are an absolute pig to fit it seems like not a lot of thought/effort went into designing these ive spent probably around six hours in total trying to get it right in the end i just did my best......time will tell if its good enough.........now trying to bleed all my brakes after putting goodridge all round, seems like one barstard job after another.............. :S

It would probably help if i had a 2/4 post lift to do the job just got me little council garage some axle stands and a crawler board. I can tell you as well im no mechanic, i think it was kevhaywire that said the Milltek for the rado is poorly designed, i dont know what the tolerances are like compared to the golf, anyway had a final fiddle with it (so to speak) and it seems to be perfect now, still no garage bills though eh?................... :)