Can anyone suggest anything...?

Picked up my new VR6 the other day and it's all been fine until today (two days of trouble free motoring!). Now it won't start.

I'm not sure if its the imobilisor that's stuck armed. I'm not sure what it is, it came with a manual for a Serpi Star ND 14 though but it's written in the worst translation to english I've ever seen and I'm not conviced the manual matches what's fitted. I can get all the lights on the dash to light up when I turn the key so the ignition appers to be working when I but that's all that happens. I get no noises from the starter or anything.

The only noise is a quiet buzzing type sound that seems to come from somewhere on the top of the engine but I can't work out what it is.

I've seen other threads on here with simlar problems and they seemed to be related to earths or connectos to the starter. I've check these and they seem ok.

Can anyone help???

Buzzing noise must be the aux water pump, try running a positive charge to the starter motor with the ignition on that will tell you weather it's the immob or not. Also another common problem is the fuse box (loose wire), trace the wires from the ignition and make sure they are secure.

Thanks for the replys dudes.

I got an auto electrician out to it in the end as I didn't have any jump leads long enough to try and diagnose the problem any more. The good news is that he got it to start and it's not the imobliser or battery or alternator or starter. But he eventually traced the problem to a knakered ignition switch.

He says I need a new barrel and to get the key recoded. Anyone had to do this before? What sort of a job is it to get it done. I'll deffinatly get someone else to do it but is it gonna cost an arm and a leg?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...