vsr/schrick vacuum non return valve

which way round does it go on the vacuum hose?

that's me wired up the control box for the vsr now and it works :-d ,red l.e.d. comes on at 4000rpm as it should and it's powering the relay but i can't realy tell if the flap is switching over or not,i'm not sure if the vacuum non-return valve is on the right hose or the right way round. *-)

no mate,it's a wee valve with two vacuum hose connections on it that only lets air pass through it one way only.

when the car is below 4000rpm and i take the hose off the vsr and i put my finger on the end of it,i can feel it sucking,is this right or should it be sucking after 4000rpm?

cheers

Right. The one near the plug goes to the black ball thing and plugged into the one year mounts, other one goes to manifold itself.

Other socket on black ball thing goes to a vacuum on car. I have mine on brake vacuum pipe as it had one spare

hmm.i take it the black ball has two hose connections on it then,i don't have a black ball,i have a green vw one with only one hose connection on it,which is connected to a relay.

relay has 3 hose connection on it,1 to green ball,1 to vsr flap and 1 to vacuum feed which i've took from the fuel pressure regulator,the non-return valve i was on about is on the vacuum feed hose.

i'm gonna just take car out for a blast and see what the score is.

• 2 months later...