10 hours ago, Dave_ciw said:

Wow old thread!  I miss this car Soooooo much would buy it back in a heart beat!

On 10/08/2018 at 2:50 PM, DATENCATE said:

Hi, I'm Diederik from the Netherlands and a newbie to this forum! 

Bought my VR6 (MK III), Dusty Mauve, on 16 June. I was told I am the third owner, first was a middle aged lady that kept it for 23 (!) years. Guy I bought it from, had it for nearly 1 year, kept it as an extra car (his passion is a classic beetle) and drove less than 2,000 kms with it. Car had factory heated seats and sunroof, no A/C or leather seat. Leather seats were put in by the former owner. I have purchased another black leather set, smooth leather, that is now nearly full of leather grease.

Got fresh MOT two weeks ago (cover, new brake caliper and frest brake fluid). I will service the car hopefully this weekend, already ordered oil (CASTROL Magnatec, A3/B4, 10W-40), Bosch filterS and NGK Spark plugs a month ago, but the goods only arrived today. Something went wrong (oil leakage) during the first shipment and it took them ages to "investigate".

Further plans are a total respray (same color) and improvement of various items (rear lights' plastic scratched, change logo in the front - it is black now, front indicators are not Hella, respray logo's, plastic of tacho has a huge scratch, leather on gear knob is badly damaged, installing a glove box under dashboard, change leather seats, give interieur (carpet!) a good clean, refurbish wheels, install new mats with logo, etc.). 

Cheers and best regards,

Diederik

41059824964_3d6eb91e8a_c.jpg

On 18/05/2009 at 4:55 PM, Timah89 said:

best colour around!