Anyone know a good bodyworker in the Leeds/Harrogate area

Got some body rust issues that need sorting including a passenger side wing that needs replacing.

Has anyone got any suggestions for a trusted bodyworker they would reccommend in the Leeds/Harrogate area.

Also, what should I expect to pay for a new wing, plus plate repair work to both rear arches which will require removal of the under door trims. I've been quoted £800 exc VAT which seems reasonable to me but don't want it to be too cheap, if you know what I mean.

hey, what year is your vr?

also what colour?

TBH you can get a new wing for about 20 or 30 quid from a scrappy and get it blown over (i would say about 80 quid cuz ive got quoted 80 fror the whole bottom half of the side of my car from under the bump strip, you may even be lucky enough to get a colour match and be able to stick it straight on,,,,

as for the rear quarters, its hard to say without seeing how bad they are....

Thanks

I have a 1997 Mystic Blue 3dr. The rust is worst on the rear quarters at the bottom of the arch underneath the window. Also got an unusual area of rust forming under the passenger side rear light cluster where there is a vertical indent running down to the bumper.

Someone had a look at it and said plating would be required for a permanent fix.

Thanks for the advice on the scrappy, know any good ones in the area? Also, will the wing need to be from a VR6 or can you use any other models? I imagine the wheel arches are differently speced.

Well there is Volks apart (tel: 020 8309 6200), they are based down south, but have loads of stuff in stock and can send it out to you, if you can get a good quality mystic blue one then paying for postage will be worth it as you wont need to spray (get them to email pics first though), im down in essex so know a lot of places round this way but not sure about your area im afraid.

I have exactly the same as you (mystic blue 97) and my rear arch is just starting to turn so im dealing with it now, it sounds like yours is a bit too late though...

Id def have a look for the wing yourself as there are so many available and its a lot cheaper than getting a new one through a bodyshop. I think it may have to be a VR6 cuz i think the same year GTIs etc had the black arches i think....