hi just bought some 16inch 20th anniversary split rim alloys but no tyres. Does anyone have any advice on the size and make i should go for? My Mk3 VR6 is lowered by about 30mm all round. Id prefer a good set which offers good performance (i do alot of miles) and good looks?

thanks I'll get some quotes so its 195/45/16 i need then? when i bought the rims the seller said he'd taken off 205/55/16 and then a chap at work said go for 205/45/16 so as i dont really understand the tyre measurements i didnt know what to go for. I'll let you know what i decide on as i need to send them to the guys currently refurbing the rims. Thanks again

I think the 205/55/16 is a mk4 sizing?

The factory option 16" wheel when fitted with 215/45/16 but I always thought that was a bit big.

205/45/16 I think, gives a similar rolling radius to the standard, but use the calculator in the sticky thread at the top of this forum to check your sizes.

On tyres, I like the Toyo Proxies T1R. Much more grip than the Goodyear NCT5's or the F1's I've had before, can't really compare with any others.