Coolant Expansion Tank leaking

Hi all

I think my tank is leaking, I am not 100% sure though, when I top the coolant up to max level, I check my driveway and the next morning its dripped a bit and after a day or 2, I'm back down to minimum level on the tank, just under the tank seal where the 2 halves are joined. There is no leak from the cap itself, its dry around this area.

I can’t see where it’s leaking from but I know it’s dripping from a height, I can feel the back of the tank and it feels damp, just after I’ve topped it up and sometimes see a drip hanging from the bottom of the tank. I can’t pin point the leak though, it’s a slow one.

There is no oil in the expansion tank and the car is running fine, the hottest it ran was at 94 but is usually at 90/92 even when driving quite fast. The temp gauge has never gone past the half way point.

Is this a known problem? Shall I just replace the tank, is this easy? Where is cheapest to get one from?

Thanks for any help

mine was ding this but it was due to pressure building up an pissing gout the breather in the expansion tank i think.

Im no mechanic but i put it all down to the thermostat breaking! There apparently known for going in vr's!