vw golf vr6 gearlinkage?

hi.

can anyone advise on a strange thing on my gearbox.

went out for a drive other day, 1st gear was hard to find ,kept going into third gear, now i have to push down on gearstick as though i am going into reverse to get 1st gear ,my gearstick is now a little sloppy, is this caused by the gearbox or gearlinkage ner to the gearlever, etc?

can anyone advise?

thankyou

sorry mate, bug metal weight what on the metal arm, i see the 2 cables one clips onto a stud and other onto the shaft looking at them? sorry to sound thick just need a bit more info on that, so you are saying its a adjustment or something missing from this gearbox end rather than under or near the gearlinkage/springs etc under the gearstick gator?

thanks

best thing to do is give all teh things a wobble on the top gearbox and make sure htey are all secure if they are it could be under the gator .... cant really pin point it with out looking at thou if u can hang on till the weekend i mite be able to pop over and have a look as im quite local to you for a small fee ...

best thing to do is give all teh things a wobble on the top gearbox and make sure htey are all secure if they are it could be under the gator .... cant really pin point it with out looking at thou if u can hang on till the weekend i mite be able to pop over and have a look as im quite local to you for a small fee ...

You can be local for a small fee.......you pimping yourself out again Tony?

Sorry couldnt resist really

You can be local for a small fee.......you pimping yourself out again Tony?

Sorry couldnt resist really

lol

hi.when you say a small bit of plastic had broken and not holding the cables what do you mean exactly, plastic bit where? on gearbox end or under the gator under gearlever?

one cable has a clip on stud thing and other cables goes into a rod thing! both cables seem attached at gearbox end ,must be somewhere else? any more info please?

hi.when you say a small bit of plastic had broken and not holding the cables what do you mean exactly, plastic bit where? on gearbox end or under the gator under gearlever?

one cable has a clip on stud thing and other cables goes into a rod thing! both cables seem attached at gearbox end ,must be somewhere else? any more info please?

JUST A QUICK TRY, ON MINE VERY EARLY vr6 there are two cables to the gear selection mechanisum, one is fixed i.e you cant adjudt it and one is ajustable. you adjust it by undoing a small 10mm ( think its 10 ) bolt and moving the black plastic clip backwards and forwards, give it a try.

Homer

hi.

thanks for the diagram on the gearbox for my cables. i will have a look and see if the cable on the gearbox has a adjustment nut as you show. hopefully it will if it does not then what??

have you got a exploded diagram of the gearbox cables just below your photo, or a exploded diagram of the gearstick linkage below the rubber gator? if so can you email me it across to me anyone?

thanks alot.

hi.

thanks for the diagram on the gearbox for my cables. i will have a look and see if the cable on the gearbox has a adjustment nut as you show. hopefully it will if it does not then what??

have you got a exploded diagram of the gearbox cables just below your photo, or a exploded diagram of the gearstick linkage below the rubber gator? if so can you email me it across to me anyone?

thanks alot.