intake manifold on a obd2 mk3

can anyone give me some advice on intake manifolds please. I'm lookin at buyin or gettin one made or doin something with the standard item but not sure wot to do,as in the the long term i'll be supercharging it. I've been lookin at the schrick and schimmel (obviously more suited to turbo'd engines but will be building a vr6t mk2 soon tho) items and also modifying my current o.e mani. I'm now baffled as wot would be best suited to my driving style and the fact the mk3 is being used as a daily driver. Plaese help, cheers

pic of mine:

eng2.jpg

just got a spare one taken to a polishers and had a peice of sheet metal custom made to fit over runners, and ran leads underneath.

but you cant have very thick leads if you run underneath i think.

i know a very good place in birmingham

That does look good, thought about something similar for the time being but i think i might just get the recess filled 'n' smoothed then mirror ploish it. Just recieved a rocker cover off ebay today thats already been polished up at one time then the seller started to re-polish it so that'll look similar to yours.

Another thing i want to rmove the expansion tank and fit an in-line filler neck junction and remove the battery, just wondering if any of you know where i get one from.

• 4 months later...