Coolant temp senser.......

After a 350 mile round trip i scanned my car for any fualt codes and it came back with 00522 engine coolant temp senser g46, is this the temp senser for the ecu or dash...? guessing its ecu one as dash temp seems fine.

So which senser where and how to change..?

hi m8,if you have an obd2 then its the blue temp sensor ,located roughly behind the grill on the block,there is 3 different sensors in a row u want the blue one,ps make sure you get a rubber washer with the new sensor as the old ones can be a pain as they go out of shape, check gsf spares i think i paid about £8 for my sensor

5 minute job, but watch for the coolant flooding out when you remove the sensor. Get a clean bucket to catch it or better still, be prepared to do a full collant flush and refill. I changed mine when I got the same code, but it keeps coming back! I've heard of this a few times but no-one knows what the problem is. Let me know how you get on...

Well ordered the senser from vw, £29.

Althpough since removing the fualt code yesterday it hasn't come back so i will wait till wednesday wehn its ready to pick up and if there is still no code registered then the vw parts guy said he'd refund me.

Well ordered the senser from vw' date=' £29.

Althpough since removing the fualt code yesterday it hasn't come back so i will wait till wednesday wehn its ready to pick up and if there is still no code registered then the vw parts guy said he'd refund me.

[/quote']

The same part is about £8 from GSF...

• 2 weeks later...

ive replaced the blue 2 pin one and still had the fault so changed the 4 pin still the same will not clear. i have checked the loom and all seems to be in order. my runs really lumpy when its warmed up i belive this is down to the ecu thinking the car is still cold an the choke is still on when the car is clearly warm, i think thats why it runs lumpy. anyone else have any thoughts or any sugestions on how to fix.