Supercharger / Filter / Water...HELP!

Hey guys

I have just got my 4mo back from the garage and last night i got water on the MAF all is well after i dried it out but obviously this shouldnt be happening,

The water seems to drip through the bay onto the filter whn stationary and they it also seems to get hit by any slplashed from the road, obviously being charged the vacum is far greater than N/A,

One solution would be to build a shroud around the filter,

The other would be to get something like a BMC CDA but i dont know what HP these are rated upto? does anybody know?

Heres my current filter and locatrion any ideas appreciated,

PC200777.jpg

I use a BMC CDA on my VR6 Turbo and that's fine with 400hp. I wouldn't push any more through it than that though as you do get a little intake reversion at the top end with turbos (turbo tries to suck in more air than the filter allows) but for your charger, it'll be fine.

Whether or not a BMC will fit down there, I don't know!

Have you see then "drilled flower pot " water shield VF Engineering sell? Might work.

Do MK4s have lined inner archs? Never got that problem on my Corrado as inner wing is enclosed with plastic shielding.

Hi mate,

ive looked at the BMC and it wont fit, but im going to storm developments tomorrow who hopefully have a prototype filter shroud that will do the job,

I should be running 400 when its run in so if all else fails i make have to look at making space,

I phone K+N to ask about there enclosed system but they said 400 hp would be too much for it,