Anything I should be looking for at 108k

Hi All, HNY an all that (B)

My VR as just rounded the 108k mark and I was wondering if there are any things I should be looking out for in the engine at this kind of mileage? The only thing I've noticed is that it seems to be drinking oil like its got shares in OPEC! It had a monster oil leak a couple of months ago which I've sorted. I've had the whole front off the car, cleaned the engine up and underneath in the pit as much as possible and I can't see any new wet oil anywhere since then, the oil is doing a Houdini somewhere but I can't work it out. Its emptied the sump in maybe fifteen thousand miles.

I only bought it last July, got pretty much no history with it other than a few receipts from the Phirm and I've covered about 10k in it since I bought it.

I've done all the oils and filters at least once since I've had it (after monster oil AND water leaks). I've been looking through the posts on here and noted that NGK Platinums are the best plugs to whack in it, can anyone recommend some tried and tested HT's or are the standard VW items still the best bet?

Cheers

Paul

I'd say chains, tensioners, clutch etc would be a good thing to look at by the time you get to a 100k. only as a precaution obviously, some VR's chains last much longer:)

not sure on the oil side, though i remember from somewhere that 1ltr per 1000miles isn't unusual.

1 litre per 1000 miles ... With the mileage I do it'll never need another oil change ever again!

The auto is a little jittery and tends to hunt around a lower speeds, I spend most journeys selecting the gears for it just to avoid kickdown lag which works a treat.

And I meant to say its emptied the sump in 1500 miles not 15000, got New Year Fat Finger Syndrome :(

Thanks all for your replies :)

my vr seemed to drink oil quickly when i first had it, but teh prevous owbner put castrol GTX in it which is POO, once i filled it with quantum synth silver (what VW use) ... goes from anual service to service without a need for a top-up!