supercharger oil lines

hi all,

I wonder if anyone can shed a bit of light on the installation for a Vf- engineering stage 1 supercharger kit (V9).

when stood in front of the car loking the installed charger, at the right hand side there are two inlets fitted with a T piece, one is the oil inlet .... what is the other for?

and also on the left hand side of the charger there is a threaded hole on the air outlet.... what is this for? (there is another one on the right hand side... but this is blanked off)

thanks in advance

brock

Thanks for your help ben! I have read that guide thoroughly and looked at the diagram before and neither show what i am after. On installed pics of chargers they always show 2 lines coming from a blue anodised 'T' piece on the right and a line coming from the left of the chargers main outlet! Can anyone help shed some light?

take a pic mate, I think your talking about the block just after where the oil feed pipe attaches

oil feed on right >> BLOCK THING ON RIGHT >> pipe loops around the charger to the left (if you get what I mean)

the block bit from what I rememeber doesnt flow into the charger itself, I think it contains a ball-bearing valve

this is probably what i should have done in the first place.... :)

LGIM0094.jpg

The yellow one is the oil feed.... and the oil return to the sump comes out from the bottom. The ones I am unsure of are the red and blue ones. (please correct me if im wrong :-p )

Xyber ..... so the blue connects to the red like the piccy below ??

LGIM0096.jpg

and for the bonus points.... can anyone tell me what linking the blue to the red does?

Once again... many thanks for your prompt help fellas ;-)

I am not sure on the reason for the loop other than two areas of lubrication.... although, my basic understanding is that as the bearings require different oil levels at different boost settings and on startup (can take up to 30 sec to get oil into the system) that this link kinda acts like a storage device so there is some oil available for the situations like hard cornering and sudden boost upgrades when driving etc. You must remember that in essence the oil supply is a gravity fed system which is why it is super important to get a good flow route especially on the return flow...

Like I say I am not sure but that kinda makes sense to me....

Please feel free to tell me I am wrong and talking pants..... 8-)

I guess that makes sense RCF.... if oil is stored in the inverted loop.... when the charger first turns from cold... the boost pressure on idle might be enough to push it out of the loop and straight into the charger .... until the main supply starts flowing :)

10 bonus points to that man :-p

Thanks again to xyber, RCF & Ben ..... never fails to amaze me how quick and helpful replies can be.... happy Xmas all ;-)