Bmw e30 325i - to mk3 vr6

hey just joined the site didnt realise there was a vr6 forum!

i have read the buyers guide but im just after some honest opinions too.

i currently drive an e30 325i sport had the car 3 years but im looking for a change, the mk3 golf vr6 has caught my eye they sound so so nice.

unfortunaly i will be looking at the bottom of the range £1200 this is what concerns me would i be taking a big game at this price? how reliable are they and are parts relitivley cheap?

also what mpg do you guys get if possible how manny miles from £10 as iv never botherd to rack my brain on coverting mpg into £££ on average? thanks

Hi,

Well the price of cars have dropped quite dramatically, so its a buyers market. You should be able to pick up decent enough VR6 for that sort of money.

There are only two models in the VR6 range, and thats the VR6 and VR6 Highline.

As for the millage figures, i think i get around 250 -280 around town on a full tank. But never really sat and worked it out, as its smiles per miles for me.

Good luck with the find, and welcome to the forum

yeh you will pick up a pretty good nick VR for 1200 now. won't be a minter obviously but reasonably tidy. parts can be expensive (its a VW) but as long as they have been looked after, VR lumps are bloody bullet proof. its literaly service items and normal wear and tear rather than expensive repairs. (thats what i've found so far with mine).

MPG really isnt something you'll care about once you buy one LOL but i can get up to 30-33mpg driving everywhere in 5th. more "spirited" driving gets me 22-23 most days...

I love the E30 325i sport and if it were a genuine sport 2 model I'd keep it, there'd be no way in the world I'd sell it for a VR6.

If your cars a genuine sport you should be able to sell it and have your pick of VR6's and have cash left over.