Help - Broken Oil Fller Cap - Bits fell into engine :(

Hi

I just went to fill up my oil but noticed the filler cap was a bit seized, I got it off, but noticed some little tabs that hold in place have broken off, One I could see so tried to fish it out but it fell further down. Is there anyway i can get the plastic cover off that the cap screws into. If not what will happen if i fill up with oil now and these bits go into my engine. The piece i tried to get out was about 5mm by 3mm. I dont want to take the manifold off to get at a bit of palstic, but i also dont want them working the way through the engine. I am due a sump re-seal so maybe they would be able to retreive them when they took that off

Any info much appreciated ?

Are you serious ?, Wont the bits just get trapped in the lift pump strainer thing. Does the bit the cap screws into come of seperately to the rocker cover, it looks as if it a seperate part. I would be able to reach the bits of plastic then as i can stil see them

An hours work to pull manifold and cam cover off, if you really want to risk the integrity of your engine for an hours worth?

dont mean to sound harsh, but stop being lazy, and do the job properly.

worst case is that the bits could fall down further while your trying to fish them out and kill your engine... think about it ;)

Ok, I took the inlet and rocker cover off, You were right not as bigger job as you might think. I found one piece which was quite big (10x5mm) so glad i got that, but the other piece which must of been the same size has gone. There was a black patch where it might have fell, so i think it had melted there and hopefully got chewed up by the chains. Poor cap design though, Keep an eye on your oil filler caps guys !