Does any one have a Car Mechanics Labour Charge Calculator??

Dropped in it for a new sump and filter/oil. Asked for a price of fitting some polished parts: upper and lower intake mani and an oil filter carrier..(they were in the boot) any way they didn't quote just stripped it down! told them to stop and I will go in tomorrow to sort out this mess. I wanted to know how much time it will take a vw mechanic to strip down and replace the manifolds.... I need to argue this out so it doesn't end up costing me a f**king fortune!

Thanks

well they shouldnt charge u at all for stripping out if u didnt give then the go ahead but they will prob charge about an 1 - 1.5 hrs labour for the upper and lower mains, .... tell them that they can now put the new ones on for free as u did not ask them to change them just quote to change them ... or tell them to put the old ones back on and u dont expect to be charged for this and u want a discount for the sump, fliter and oil change .... where abouts in london u from and wot dealer did u go to ???/

yeah as far as I know. They have said that they have had to order a head gasket kit as it works out cheaper than buying the gasketts independently.

They were also changing the v belt as well, and have told me the tensioner needs changing...

Just starting to wonder if they are making stuff up??????

I had a M3 Bemmer some years ago, it was 4 years old at the time and I took it to a BMW main dealer for an inspection one service which always cost upwards of £800 (main dealer prices).

The alarm was playing up on the car so I asked for it to be looked at but to ring me about the problem before doing anything, when I picked the car up they had removed the complete alarm system and put it in the boot then given me a bill for the labour of removing it at £200.

I told them they were instructed to ring me before working on the car and not to remove the alarm, I refused to pay the £200 bill and then had a different main dealer fit a new alarm system.

Give them an inch and they'll take a mile and then charge you for the privelege.

Ok getting the inlets fitted for a total of £100 which i am happy about! the other stuff is going to be with out vat and an additional 20% off....

Amazing what happens when you start talking about forums and bad publicity!!!!

good talking to you today john, i'll be in touch