Hi - I have no idea about what they are. Can you explain ?

Are you saying i should have some plastic thing which should be pushed into the disc where the wheel bolts on ? - It does feel like the play is caused by the nroad wheel not being bolted on properly although its proper tight.

A spacer ring that sits around the hub where the wheel mounts, stops movement and vibration in the wheel when upgrading to a larger wheel hub size. Doesn't sound like this to me, if the wheel is tight the nut's keep the wheel central. It sounds like bearing or bush to me.

>> larger wheel hub size

OK, I'm new to all this :-) Itsnt the wheel hub just the disc ? - I have just installed the new disk and bolted the wheel on - Even if it isnt this i'd like to understand it.

Is there an easy way to check if its the bush or beary. Actually, when i first tried to get this car through the local Isle of Man it failed because of a "Wheel Bearing" - the bearnig has now been changed twice so I'm thinking its somthing else and this was the original problem

Hub is just the universal word for a wheel mount in this case. The circular collar or flange thats sits snugly inside the wheel to centralise it. In some cases it's a seperate disc bolted to a hub, but as this is a stub axle set-up, you are correct in saying the hub is intergrated into the disc. Has the wheel bearing play been adjusted correctly?

Adjustment being how you tighten the hub nut and where it's final position is when fit the locking ring and put the split pin through. I wind it up tight, not too tight, then back it right off, and then wind it in just until it's nipped up and then lock it up. Who fitted the new bearings?

It was more of a case of everything else is new, checked the bolts that hold the stub on are all tight.

Which made me think stub, Inspected stub and mine was highly polished where the bearing sit + I could feel a tiny lip when running my nail over it,

You could try putting the bearing over, I didn't tbf so i don't know if you can really see that much, if the wheels only moving 3mm at the edge then the movement on the bearing is going to be very very small

I had a second axal which had stubs in a better condition so i tryed them on, job done

I donno if this is your problem but i wouldn't be surprised, VW charge about £110 or one but i have seen some on ebay for £30 (cheep copys)