Valve stem oil seal replacement tool?

Just a quick post .It seems the seals on my VR6 are gone as I am getting a fair bit of smoking and having to top up the oil.My friend is lined up to do it just looking to see where to buy the above to save stripping the whole top end down.Cheers..

Where is the smoke coming from? Breather, exhaust etc. Whats your mileage?

I normally use a small socket maybe 9mm to gentle ease them on. If its done 120k plus you may be wasting your time as it will most likely be the valve guides. You can tell by excessive play when moving the valve left and right tolerence is quite slack though.

Where is the smoke coming from? Breather' date=' exhaust etc. Whats your mileage?

I normally use a small socket maybe 9mm to gentle ease them on. If its done 120k plus you may be wasting your time as it will most likely be the valve guides. You can tell by excessive play when moving the valve left and right tolerence is quite slack though.

[/quote']

Hi mate.The smoke is from exhaust and is as I pull away at lights and also during quick acceleration.The milage is only 55k and is genuine ,however the car was stood still for over 18months before I bought it so the seals may have hardened.Any more views with this in mind please let me know .Cheers .Simon.

Sounds more like piston ring to me fella

Stems and guides normally cause blue smoke on start up after its been parked up over night' date=' and also when deceleration

[/quote']

yes thats normally the case, rings are usually the problem if it smokes on acceleration, if it smokes on decelleration the problem is in the head, usually see it when you slow down in the gears then accelerate again, it'll smoke like a chimney...