steering is pulling? any ideas??

iv had my tracking done laser allined. and had my wheels balanced, the car still pulls to the left and also the the n/s/f wheel looks like its slightly bent in at the bottom...

wen i bought the car i was informed that the previouse owner had hit something at bout 90mph on the n/s/f. but im not sure wat to be changing of checking.

any help would bee much appreciated.

cheers

When you had your tracking done, did you also have the camber checked and adjusted at the same time? If you are running too much positive camber (top of the wheel sticking out and bottom in) that could be why the wheel looks as though its in at the bottom. If your tyre is wearing unevenly on the outer edge it could point to that also. Ask you brother if he noticed any setback when he tracked it. Thats when one wheel is slightly further back than the other, usually after an accident.

Kevin

If you are running really low then you can get bad bump steer (which also pulls left). Basically, if the wishbnes are set up such that the balljoint sits above the height where the wishbones mount to the subframe you'll get bump steer when accelerating.

As you accelerate hard, the front of the car lifts slightly, this briefly means that the ball joints are back below the wishbone mounting points and the steering set up will change dramatically. There's loads of good explanations (a lot better than mine) on line.

If you hit a kerb, pot hole or a rock hard enough it's more likely to put your tracking out than your camber. A bent track rod or damaged track rod end would be the likely culprits. If your camber is out and nothing appears to be bent then it probably wasn't re-set after the damage to the N/S/F was repaired by the previous owner.

A sensible camber setting is Neg 1 degree or minus 1 degree. Some may disagree but that's what I set mine to when I did it a couple of years ago and it handles fine. I've had no uneven tyre wear either. My car is lowered slightly btw. Cars do tend to pull to the left slighty on roads with a lot of camber but on an open flat road you shouldn't notice any pulling.

Kevin