Sign in to follow this  
russvr6

help needed

hi everyone my raddo wouldnt start this morning when i eventually got it started it holds back when you put your foot down i have recently changed plugs and leads within a month or so does anyone have any ideas as i dont want to start paying out for coil packs when it could be something cheaper would use vag com but i dont know anyone within cirencester area who has it. Any help is appreciated

check whether u r actually getting a spark on each cylinder, if not the its likely the coil-pack if u have already done plugs and leads....

if u r getting 6 sparks then u can start looking elsewhere

get a couple of crocodile clips and bolt them together, attach one end to a solid metal part of the engine to get a good earth... remove one spark plug and hold it with other end of the croc-clips around the threads... plug it into the HT lead and turn over the engine to see if theres a spark...

its prolly better to do this in the evening when its dark so its easier to see the spark

also when i unplugged the air flow sensor the car still started eventually would this mean the air flow meter is knackered

AFAIK the engine should run w/o the maf attached, the fact that it runs does not prove there is a problem with the maf

Prity sure the hall sensor is the said cam sensor, Its at the top of the engine buy the cams lol, can't remember which side sorry. Ill go have a mooch inabit when i clean my car

Perhaps its broken.... Cleaning isn't going to fix it, If its coming up as hall sensor on vag.com or on a scanner then id change it for a new one personally.. Find out how much one is and if its not to pricey change it