Hello everybody peeps. Yes I know, it's been aaaaaaages since I've been on here! :( (apologies!) However I've been playing with my 1968 Beetle a lot for the past few months (and I lurve it!)

But I thought I'd tap into the vast VR6OC knowledge bank that is....err...you lot! haha!

I'm getting a rattle which appears to be from my exhaust (fairly new, i.e. less than 9mths old) Milltek exhaust. I am sure it is not the exhaust itself that's hanging off or anything because it's pretty darn solid, i.e. it doesn't move when you give the tail pipe a wiggle.

This happens when idling/sat at the lights etc only when I have my Auto MK3 VR6 left in the 'Drive' position...it stops when I plop it back to 'N' or 'P'.

I've tried to have a read up on here and I'm hoping it's something and nothing really, I think there was a thread where someone had a similar problem and it was the exhaust heat shield rattling??

Anyone got any ideas for me please? It's MOT time next week and I don't want to be forking out ££££'s that I don't have to get anything major fixed just right now.

I thankyooo!

Helen x

I recently had the same sort of issue but it was my cat converter falling apart!

I knew it had issues because when i changed my back box i found chunks of it in there.In the end the exhaust got blocked and the car would not rev over 5000rpm very well,so i had to sort it out.

Mine used to rattle in the low revs just cruising and pulling away,and some times on start up.Try getting under your car and give the exhaust a good tug about and see if you can hear where the rattle is coming from.

I recently had the same sort of issue but it was my cat converter falling apart!

I knew it had issues because when i changed my back box i found chunks of it in there.In the end the exhaust got blocked and the car would not rev over 5000rpm very well' date='so i had to sort it out.

Mine used to rattle in the low revs just cruising and pulling away,and some times on start up.Try getting under your car and give the exhaust a good tug about and see if you can hear where the rattle is coming from.

[/quote']

Thanks, but it better ruddy not be, as I've only had the full system replaced less than 9 mths ago. *-)