hi everyone, my vr started to run a bit lumpy, so i started with the usual suspects by changing the plugs and leads, this helped but it still wasn't right so i looked at the coil pack and that was corroded so i replaced it, but still no change, i then went on to change the ecu relay and then the fuel pump relay, still lumpy :@ When i say lumpy it seems to be ok after 4000 rpm but until then gti boys are chewing on my arse :@ So i thought it can only be the air flow meter as everything else is new, so with the engine running i un plugged the sensor plug and it made no difference to the way it runs, so is this whats needs replacing or could it be something else? some information which might help- its a 1995 obd2, no faults found on plug in, oh and it did have an induction kit fitted for a while, which i've heard can funk up your m.a.f. back to standard air box now, please help before the fire fairies pay a visit to it (only joking) but you might help my hair loss situation, cheers

Turns out the timing chains i had fitted 3 weeks ago were not tensioned correctly, all i know so far is the crank turns but the cams dont, the garage have already agreed to do the full re-build free of charge, they are very keen to sort it out with no fuss so all good there, time for some shrick cams perhaps. ;)

Turns out the timing chains i had fitted 3 weeks ago were not tensioned correctly' date=' all i know so far is the crank turns but the cams dont, the garage have already agreed to do the full re-build free of charge, they are very keen to sort it out with no fuss so all good there, time for some shrick cams perhaps. ;)

[/quote']

wont say the name but i bet I can guess the garage! At least its getting sorted for nothing