hahahaha thnx guys i have a cunning plan for this it's called call in the favour from a good friend of mine LMAO gonna have a go at this the weekend so i'll keep u posted anyone wanna come round and stand a laugh at me feel free FREE TEA AND COFFEE MIGHT EVEN STOKE THE BBQ UP IF THE WEATHERS OK :-p :-p :-p

• 2 weeks later...

ok so last weekend didn't happen as i ended up taking my vr upto newcastle for a 24 hr stint to see my dad and also fix his boiler (don't ask) LOL

so got up at 5am this morning and started stripping out the center bits off the dash (5am coz i'm up at that time every day of the week to travel to work)

after stripping out the center and glove box bits and cutting my hand to bits on various pieces of plastic etc i came to the conclusion that my large hands and arms were deffinalty not gonna get access to the matrix so i removed the dash and done it the old fashoned way all done and back together by 10am and running (4hrs start to finish and sorted out a couple of other issues along the way)

oooo and i got the matrix from euro car parts in the end as VW wanted over £100 for one where as euro's charged me £30 + :P:P:P:P

so there it is all done and mended tomorrow will be spit and polish day

:D:D:D:D:DD:D:D::D:D

paul