sump bolt aswell, the filter housing is like a jam jar, with the lid fixed to the block, if you just unscrew the housing the oil is above the top of the 'jam jar' so it spills everywhere, thats why the housing needs draining itself

The drain on the housing has an allen key hole in it to get the plug out, but on mine some tosspot has rounded it off and I havnt got a new one yet, so I have to be quick with a washing up bowl to catch the mess

sump bolt aswell' date=' the filter housing is like a jam jar, with the lid fixed to the block, if you just unscrew the housing the oil is above the top of the 'jam jar' so it spills everywhere, thats why the housing needs draining itself

The drain on the housing has an allen key hole in it to get the plug out, but on mine some tosspot has rounded it off and I havnt got a new one yet, so I have to be quick with a washing up bowl to catch the mess

[/quote']

Lol cheers man,i hope mine goes smooth,but should be ok what with the vw full service,but of course ill be doing now ;)

Ok done service today,all went well although the oil filer was a pain!! while under the car to the right of the engine passenger side theres another block with vw logo on the bottom,ive noticed a very small oil leak from here any help thx,is this the gearbox? i havnt a clue.Here is pic:dsc00835qj0.th.jpg